Put A Stop To Illegal Age Discrimination
Despite your experience and knowledge, your employer could allow its own bias to overshadow your strengths. Protecting yourself in the late stages of your career calls for careful attention to age discrimination laws. State and federal laws make it illegal for an employer to treat you differently because of your age.
You do not have to bear the brunt of an employer’s unfair decisions to cut costs or “modernize” their workforce. At Thorman Petrov Group, you can trust our Cleveland employment law attorneys to pursue justice for you. We will build creative strategies that prioritize your rights.
What Age Discrimination Looks Like At Work
You may be encountering age discrimination in your workplace if:
- You have a new supervisor who is hiring only younger workers.
- You are not being credited for your work like your younger co-workers.
- The company will not consider you for open positions because, according to your company, you do not have the future potential that younger workers have.
- It seems that older workers never make it to retirement age at your company anymore.
- You are told that you are “too set in your ways” or “unable to change” as an excuse for letting you go.
- The company is laying off workers and has picked you to lose your job even though you were outperforming younger workers who are keeping their jobs.
We can help you determine whether your employer is engaging in illegal age discrimination and how to best protect you if any of these situations arise. Our firm routinely helps employees who face mistreatment because of their age by counseling them to get through difficult situations, negotiating severance packages or filing lawsuits to protect them if necessary.
Gain The Advantages Of Significant Legal Experience
We have a successful track record pursuing age discrimination claims in Ohio and nationwide. Most resolve in confidential settlements. In 2018, we obtained a trial verdict in excess of $28 million on behalf of a client who was terminated in an age discrimination and retaliation case. In 2006, our firm obtained a 16 million-dollar verdict on behalf of a client who was terminated on account of his age. Similarly, in March 2003, our firm obtained a 7.765 million-dollar verdict in an age discrimination and unlawful retaliation case.
Consult With Our Team Today
If you have experienced age discrimination, contact us online or call us. Review your case with a skilled lawyer by calling 216-777-4163 to schedule a case review. We can guide you through your legal options.