Your Ally In
Daniel P. Petrov
Mr. Petrov is the Managing Shareholder of the Firm. He has built a successful legal practice upon a proven record of solving problems for his clients. He represents individuals in need in whistleblower, class-action, employment, and civil rights disputes before federal and state courts throughout the United States. He has successfully resolved claims of wrongful discharge, discrimination, and retaliation, under nearly every federal and state equal employment opportunity law. He has obtained million dollar judgments on behalf of his clients, including a landmark $28 million verdict in the trial of an age discrimination and retaliation case, a $6.7 million award in the arbitration of an age and disability case, and a $3 million judgment in a state retaliation case.
Mr. Petrov also represents whistleblowers who report fraud against the government in arenas including health care, defense contracting, and immigration fraud. He has assisted whistleblowers in qui tam litigation in connection with the U.S. Department of Justice, and also individuals who report significant known tax fraud to the Internal Revenue Service. Mr. Petrov has significant experience negotiating and litigating executive employment agreements, noncompetition and nonsolicitation covenants, and confidentiality agreements.
Mr. Petrov received a Bachelors of Arts degree in English from Columbia College of Columbia University in the City of New York. He received his law degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 2001, where he served as Executive Articles Editor of the Journal of International Law.
Mr. Petrov has served as a Trustee of the Ohio Association for Justice, and is a past chair of that organization's Employment Law Section. He is active in the Northeast Ohio community, having sat on the Board of Directors of the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center and the Executive Leadership Board of Playhouse Square Partners. He also is a former member of the law alumni board of Case Western Reserve University School of Law and the Columbia University Alumni Representative Committee, and has volunteered as a class agent for the University School Annual Fund.
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D. - 2001
- Columbia College of Columbia University in the City of New York, New York, New York
- Bachelor of Arts
- Major: English
- Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP, Associate
- Ohio Association for Justice, Trustee
- Ohio Association for Justice, Employment Law Section, Chair
- Katz v. Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Hostettler v. College of Wooster
- Lee v. Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Paul v. Kaiser Permanente
- Jonas v. Simon Roofing Systems, Inc.
- Whistleblower Rights and Qui Tam Litigation
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Employee Rights Litigation
- Executive Compensation
- Ohio, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- Best Lawyers in America
- Ohio SuperLawyer